Wherein I occasionally rant on various topics including, but not limited to, PHP, Music, and whatever other Topics I find interesting at the moment, including my brain tumor surgery of August 2010.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Windows PHP Free Development

Zoe Slattery of IBM has documented exactly how a Windows user would go about hacking PHP source with all free development tools.

http://www-03.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/phpblog

I'm not sure if I should leap with joy or cringe in fear, but now any PHP Windows user could manage to write their own custom extension.

I managed to stumble through it once, thanks to Sara Goleman's fantastic articles up on Zend.com:
Extension Writing Part I: Introduction to PHP and Zend

I wonder how long it will be before Microsoft accidentally on purpose breaks things so you can't do this?

No comments: